Check your teams training records!
HAZWOPER Refresher Training: Tuesday, Feb 28th
HAZWOPER : Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response.
ERG Environmental Services is hosting yet another important regulation training.
HAZWOPER Refresher Training!
This is the time of year when the training records needs to be reviewed.
Review your job description.
- Has your position/job description changed?
- Do I perform more/different tasks?
- Does your training line up with your job description?HAZWOPER Refresher training is covered under OSHA standard 29 CFR Part 1910.120.According to OSHA, the HAZWOPER standard applies to five types of employers and their employees and specifically includes any employees who are exposed to hazardous substances and who are engaged in several operations including clean-up, storing, storage, treatment and disposal of hazardous waste.Also, workers involved in an emergency response operation dealing with hazardous waste and workers who have to perform those duties at a waste site where hazardous contamination are equally expected to be fully trained and protected.For clarification, an interpretation letter provided by OSHA gives some guidance as to what constitutes a hazardous substance or situation:
- High concentrations of toxic substances.
- Situation that is life or injury threatening.
- Imminent Danger to Life and Health (IDLH) environments.
- Situation that presents an oxygen deficient atmosphere.
- Condition that poses a fire or explosion hazard.
- Situation that required an evacuation of the area.
- A situation that requires immediate attention because of the danger posed to employees in the area.
Employees and employers covered by the OSHA HAZWOPER standard are required to take the initial HAZWOPER training which consists of a 24 or 40-hour course. Depending on your job type and experience, you may be able to take the 24-hour course to meet your HAZWOPER training requirement.
Every year after the initial training requirement has been met, workers are required to take an 8-hour HAZWOPER refresher training. This refresher training is designed to meet the annual training requirement for hazardous waste operations and emergency response workers.
A Trained Team is a Confident Team! Register today!