ERG Environmental Services
The Transportation Manager manages driver routing assignments and is responsible to ensure that our drivers meet the needs of the customers while complying with all DOT regulations as well as all other applicable regulations and company policies.
- Plans and dispatches drivers in dedicated fleet.
- Provides supervision, training, and leadership to drivers to ensure good customer service.
- Trains and counsels’ drivers on late pickups/deliveries, safety, hours of service requirements, issues, and overall company policies.
- Ensure that all vehicle Inspections are to be done on all regular schedule
- Proactively communicate with customers and build the relationships.,
- Prevent and resolve issues before they become a problem in order to maintain the customer.
- Make sure that our Drivers are in uniform, the vehicles are clean, and that both present a professional image and attitude.
- In an emergency or accident take the lead and follow the protocol.
- Complete and/or check the daily, weekly and monthly paperwork. (I.e. driver logs, trip logs, work orders, pre/post trips, etc.)
- Able to solve problems, resolve differences, and prioritize
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports. (IFTA,IRP reporting)
- Promotes compliance with DOT requirements and safety program.
- Coordinates between drivers and shop to ensure all maintenance issues are satisfied
- Coordinates hiring of additional drivers with Recruiting Department personnel. Involved with Orientation of drivers as necessary
- Conducts training as needed for specific dedicated accounts.
- Provides weekly recaps and management reports to appropriate managers.
- Drives in the absence of other drivers or emergency as necessary.
- Maintains working Knowledge of all dedicated business-thru cross training as needed to assist during peak business or staffing challenges.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, clients, vendors, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Assists the Director of Operations and/or Operations Manager and provides administrative support as required by all operations
- Experience trucking transportation
- Strong experience with DOT and FMSCA rules and regulations
- Successful experience managing Drivers and Demonstrated good decision making and problem-solving
- Must have the ability to prioritize and be organized
- Experienced using Microsoft Office Suite of products: including Word, Excel
- Professional appearance and demeanor
#Hiring #Resume #TransportationManager #Transportation #Manager #Management #EnvironmentalServices #CareerOpportunities #JoinOurTeam #Employment #CareerGrowth #Joblisting #JobOpening #JobPosting #Job #Jobs #HotJobs #GreenJobs #DrivingJobs #WeAreERG #WeAreHereToHelp #Interview #IndustrialServices #Remediation #LabPacking #ChemicalPacking #EnvironmentalConsulting #UniversalWaste #WasteManagement #SiteInvestigation #IndustrialCleaning #Training #Compliance #EmergencyResponse